Wednesday, January 25, 2012

EEEEEK! Benchmarks

Okay, so I think I need just a small, mini rant.   Today, my students took one part of the NWEA, which is a three part test in ELA/Math that we use as a benchmark.  From what I think (based on the teachers who saw my kids test), they rushed through it, were inattentive, and scores went down.  Significantly.  Does anyone else have this problem with benchmarks?  I am so worried now about their scores!  But honestly, can someone really get less intelligent after being in class for 3 months?  eeeeek

3 comments:

Kim said...

I'm thinking... if you add in the evidence from my room... that answer may be YES!

Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade

Kim said...

Hi Ms. D:
You've been tagged!
Please come by Joy in Sixth and check it out!

Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade

Insect Pest Control Victoria said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this blog thanks for sharing.